CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 16, 2007

YouTube (Week 9 #20)

I have browsed around on YouTube on several occasions. I have also watched over the shoulders of my kids even more times as they have insisted I watch something they found particularly amusing. The comment in the iHCPL posting that there are videos that aren't worth watching is very true. I often wonder at what people think others might be interested in. I also wonder at what some people consider funny! Occasionally I have come across videos that are really questionable in terms o content. Still sites like YouTube can be a lot of fun.

The usefulness of sites like YouTube for library websites isn't something I had ever really thought of. However, it holds potential for marketing and promoting of library services and events. This approach could also be a way of promoting libraries and our goals at a higher level. There are often issues affecting libraries nationwide that are often discussed by state and national agencies. Links to YouTube type videos from the library website could help raise public awareness on issues facing libraries in general.

No comments: