CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Cleaning #28

Well, I was pleased (or maybe annoyed!) to discover that I already follow an approach similar to GTD. Why annoyed? Maybe I came up with it first and could have marketed it! Anyway, I do follow the two minute rule. Clearing off the stuff that's quick and easy is both satisfying and efficient. Wham! Bam! Gone! Feels great especially when you've been working on labor intensive stuff. I try to complete one item at a time. Of course, this isn't always possible but, when it is, it's a good psychological boost. I think my "in progress" pile equates to the concept of deferring in GTD. It keeps my "to do" pile cleaner. I'm pretty much in the middle of the road when it comes to the stuff that doesn't require action. Depending on my instinct/judgment some stuff gets tossed right away and some goes in my "aging" pile of stuff I think I might have to deal with down the road. I weed this pile periodically and throw out the stuff that definitely won't be needing further attention because it's now a done deal or the even is passed now and didn't require any involvement from me (for instance). The stuff that I think I may need to refer to in the future gets filed.

I tend to have various (but not too many) piles of stuff that all get addressed in various ways and with varying frequencies but overall I'm reasonably well organized and get things done.

I looked at the various electronic calendars and organizers. Some are nifty. Some are cute. Some really just seem like someone really trying hard to use technology. I have stayed with a paper calendar and it continues to serve me well.

No comments: