CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Technorati (Week 6 #14)

I think I'm becoming overwhelmed with all that we've looked at over the last few weeks. As I was looking around in Technorati, I found myself thinking, "Ho hum! More of the same." However, as I think about this and the iHCPL program, I realize that this is really the point. No, not to make use jaded and bored! Technorati is "more of the same" in many ways but it is an example of another resource that's available. Our exercises of the last few weeks have shown us that no two resources are quite the same. Anyone who has used Google and Yahoo to search should have already expected this, of course. Not surprisingly, the sample search "learning 2.0" retrieves significantly difference results depending whether you do the search on blog posts or on tags or on blog directories. This is a refinement feature in Technorati that I don't recall seeing in other resources we have looked at, or at least it is not so fully developed in other resources.

I did claim my blog on Technorati. Now I just have to figure out how that will be useful to me!


No comments: